Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pecan trees in my backyard?

Someone gifted me 2 stuart pecan seedlings (about 1+ foot long) I don't know much about these but have heard I need a huge area. I have some garden space (about 1500sqft) where I already have a few fruit trees, veg garden and flower garden. How good are these trees cohabiting with other trees like apple, apricot, plum, citrus, and pommegranate.


Thanks,

Pecan trees in my backyard?
Hello,, You will need a pretty large area. Stuarts make a fairly large tree when full grown. I have stuarts and paper shell pecans, in my grove. I also have apple, pears and plum. They all do just fine together. And I know you didn't ask,, but when you get ready to fertilize,, go by the shade they put off,, spread your fertilizer around where the shade from the trees ends. Good luck with your pecans.


No comments:

Post a Comment