Monday, May 11, 2009

Planting Cistena plum?

I am starting with a clean slate in back of my house. (west side} I purchased a Cistena plum, and am wondering how far to place it from the house. Also, any ideas on what else to plant? Can I plant something besides flowers in back of the cistena plum that would not take too much maintenance? Any ideas would be appreciated. Oh yes, I also purchased 3 Azalea plants. Thanks

Planting Cistena plum?
You should probably give it at least 5 feet of clearance on all sides in anticipation of the tree when it is mature. Nice choice on the azaleas. They only require partial sun, so they should do alright on the west side of your house. A little shade after high noon will not hurt them. Keep in mind that azaleas thrive in acidic soil.


No comments:

Post a Comment